Sunday, April 10, 2011

New cargo plane for the 179th.

Alenia C-27j Spartan
I almost always have a camera setup to photograph birds when I am at Gorman Nature Center.  This is one that I caught recently.  It has distinctive 6 bladed props and looks like a cargo plane based on the under carriage.  I did some checking and found that it was the Alenia C-27j Spartan.  It is flown by the 179th Air National Guard.  It replaces the C-130 flown by them preciously.

C-130 Transports


I have always liked aircraft in addition other machines.  I was raised on a farm in mid-west Ohio and operation farm equipment from an early age.  I have created a slide show showing different machines.  I had it up for a few hours a month or more ago until I found I had problems with the music I had chosen to accompany it.  The Eagles, Their Greatest Hits was unavailable.  I learned to search for "royalty free music" in order to solve this problem.  Jimmy Gelhaar offers such music and I chose "Bama Country" to accompany this show.  It is hosted at my website.  Let it download and start itself.  It is called Machines.


http://www.larrysimages.com/



Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

No comments: