Monday, March 28, 2011

Little Birds, Little Birds!

Black-capped Chickadee

The title made me think of a song from the Man of La Mancha.  I guess these images don't make me think of the music but they make me think of spring.  I have been pleased to capture shots of these little birds which I have not photographed since the days of the bird blind in my backyard by the bird feeder.  

American Goldfinch
I have found the Goldfinch to be a very active bird and difficult to catch with the lens.  Maybe my technique is improving.  I hope so.  I did get a shot of a goldfinch on a nest last summer. 

Song Sparrow
I wish that I could say that I had complete control in this capture.  I would be lying if I did.  I can say that I think that I did it correctly.  I love the rim lighting on the bird.  I got the exposure right on the bird.  It might have turned out as a silhouette.  I just wondered if there was something in the foreground reflecting on the bird.  I can't remember.  I suppose the only thing that bothers me is that the beak tip is in front of the stem.  It does detract.


http://www.larrysimages.com/



Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.      

No comments: