Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Flint and Quartz

Flint and Quartz
I look at these rocks with a magnifying glass.  I decide whether to photograph them based on their interest.  This one caught my eye.  It looks to me like the square corner of flint should fit into the opening above and to the right.  I see motion between those two points.  It looks as though the quartz was water and it flowed into the area, froze and spread the flint.  Do I have a vivid imagination or what?

I have read that we don't exactly know how flint is formed.  I seem to remember that it is closely related to quartz maybe chemically.

I like the color of the flint in this shot.


Blog

 
feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Face-book

No comments: