Thursday, January 27, 2011

And More Flint!

flint
I hope that you are not getting tired of this rock.  I felt there was at least one more shot of this one.  There may be more, but I have not decided.  I wanted you to see the plain in front of the cliffs as well as the large cliff face with protruding fractured flint.  I don't, as yet, have Carol's reaction to this one.  I think that I like the blue.  CS5 Photomerge did not want to assemble this one.  I ran the step by step one and that was little better.  I ran the auto photomerge again and then found that it would let me move the individual frames.  I then had to do the blending manually.  I was able to eliminated an unsharp portion from one of the shots by moving it to the bottom of the layer stack.  I would have had to re-shoot the whole thing if that did not work.  Anyway, I really like this one.  I think that I have captured the color of the actual rock.  I have a color corrected lamp at my desk and I used the light from it on the rock to make the adjustments.  The problem with that process that I have found is that I need to get the rock behind the light so that I don't get reflections from the surface of the rock when I view it.  The reflections give me a different impression of the color.  I am unsure at the moment, but I may knock it out.


http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line. 

No comments: