Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Treat!

Christmas Tree at Capitol
We had a Christmas lunch the other day with my daughter and her family.  Afterwords we visited the state capitol building.  I had parked under it many times over the years but never visited the inside.  It was quite an experience for me.  The Christmas tree was beautiful.  The little kiddies enjoyed the open spaces.

Rotunda
I enjoyed the endless photographic possibilities.  We tried to remember our history.  The capital moved from Chillicothe to Columbus in 1816.  It was not until 1835, if I remember correctly, that they started to build at the current location.  There have been changes since then to the structure.

I found the picture of my local favorite son, Jay Goyl, who is in the House of Representatives.  I saw both chambers where the senate and house meet.  It was too cold outside, though we had excellent light that day, to photograph the building.  Maybe I will get back.

Did I mention how much I enjoyed my daughter and her family?  Merry Christmas.

http://www.larrysimages.com/



Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: