Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Landscape shot

Gorman Nature Center
I have been there at sunrise often lately.  I like to see what will happen when the sun rises and illuminates the clouds and or the landscape to the West.  I saw this happening and got set up not knowing if it would repeat itself.  Things happen quickly at that time of day.  I kept taking shots which approximated what I had seen initially.  This was my last one.  I really like it.  It is one of those that is just quietly there and grows on me.  The more I look, the more I like.

I recently read an article in Outdoor Photographer Magazine by Adam Barker.  It was titled "The Complete Outdoor Image."  As I read the article, I was reminded of this image and went back to look at it.  Mr. Barker stated in his article, "If you don't have superb light, you don't have squat."  I decided that his statement applied to this image.  The "happening" light at sunrise is what made this a memorable image for me. 

No comments: