Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas Card

Christmas 2010 Note Card
I was walking down this trail as usual when I spotted this little malformed tree.  The light was such that the green stood out strongly against the background.  I really liked the bird nest in the foreground on a different plant.  I made the shot because of the light.  I came home and processed it and thought that it would make a nice Christmas Card.  It reminded me of the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.  I borrowed some balls from Carol and went back the next day.  The light was different, of course, but it was also good light.  The green tree did not stand out so dramatically but I thought I could rectify that in Photoshop.  I had already decided that the bird nest needed a bird.  What better bird for a Christmas card than a Cardinal.  I found a shot of one in my database from Jan. 2004.  The image was a digital capture of the bird sitting at the bird feeder in my back yard.  Back in those days I sat in the bird blind near the feeder to photograph birds.  

I think this is the perfect card to receive from Larry's Images.  It is my style with a few embellishments gesturing toward modern commercialized holiday tradition.  I am working up a way to sell it in a box containing ten cards and envelopes.  I just ordered the boxes.  When they come, I will know what shipping will cost.  The box of cards will cost 19.95 plus shipping.  The cards are 100% Cotton paper.  They are Museo Artist Cards and you will not find higher quality.  The ink used is pigment based Epson Archival Ink.  These are quality, one of a kind cards.  You won't find them anywhere else for this price.  Get them while they last!

http://www.larrysimages.com


Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: