Saturday, February 11, 2012

Moss, Fungus and Lichen

Lichen and Moss
I found this rock recently.  I thought of Liz Alderdice while I was making it this image.  I think that the rock, itself, is granite.  It is covered with lichen.  The moss grows on top.  My reading seems to indicated that lichen is a symbiosis of moss and fungus.  I liked the shapes of the growing moss.  The like the lichen for a background.  


False Turkey tail
The above rock rests near this growth of fungus.  I have shown it before.  I made this shot to show that the inner portion of the "fan" has developed a green color.  Also note, if possible, the Folios Lichen growing near the green inner portion.  I almost always try to really "be there" when I make an image.  I spend time at the location.  I look around and try to think of alternative ways to make the image.  It was while "being there" that I discovered the rock at the top.


http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook. 


Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: