Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More panoramas

Hornfels
I selected this one from the bag I purchased from Dan & Pam.  I thought that the texture and lines were interesting.  Upon closer examination, I think those lines and the texture were created by the diamond studded saw used by Dan & Pam.  

This one and the next are panoramas.  They would be printable much larger than I can print them with my 13" wide printer.  I am working with an upgraded version of Photoshop, CS5, currently which adds to the complexity of making images of this sort.  It takes a while to get things set to accommodate my workflow.   I had trouble with the Hornfels shot not blending in "photomerg" properly.  I thought that I might have to re-shoot the whole thing.  That would have involved about 107 new captures.  I was able to figure out why it was not blending properly and make a crop of one of the captures which fixed the problem.

Feldspar, I think
I chose this rock because it almost looks like a landscape.  I photographed it several ways but I like this one the best.  The other factor for this one and the first one shown is the "knock out".  If I remember correctly, the photoshop pros call it that.  It means selecting only a portion which you want to emphasize.  I think that it helps these rocks be more dramatic.  The new photoshop has a "refine edge" feature, which I think makes the "knock out" work.  I think we may have to take another look at this one.  Maybe an extreme closeup. 

I am also printing on other media which may be a discussion for another time.



http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: