Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Further lichen discovery.

lichen unknown
This is a lichen I have walked past for years.  It is on the ground.  I don't get down very comfortably and so it had gone ignored until my interest in lichen was raised from a previous shot (see yesterday's blog).  I remembered its presence and made this shot.  It looked to me like there were little "mushrooms" growing in it.  I decided that I needed a lower perspective to really show them. 

lichen closeup
I found that I had much difficulty getting the little mushroom tops sharply focused even using Helicon Focus.  I re-shot it several times without success.  The best that I could do was this tight crop of the largest one.  This is close to the realm for which Helicon Focus was created.  I finally decided that a different angle might help.  That increased the pain factor for me but my interest was peaked and I wanted you to see them.
most recent closeup
I think that this is very intriguing!  It has been there all along and I had not taken time to get down and look.  It is otherworldly!  You may notice that I still have some sharpness issues with some of the "mushroom" tops.  It does, however; give a feeling for this little world within a world.  When walking on the trails at Gorman be careful where you walk.  You might be stepping on something like this.  Thankfully I haven't.
http://www.larrysimages.com  

Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: