Thursday, December 5, 2019

Pearl Harbor Day



Mitsubishi_A6M2_Zero
This aircraft accompanied by twice as many dive/torpedo bombers attacked our Naval Base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.  The attack was a surprise attack so our people were unprepared.  I believe there were around 2400 casualties.  Fortunately our air craft carries were on a mission and were undamaged.

This occured on December 7, 1941 before I was born.  My parents not unlike many young couples of the time were married on Dec. 21, 1941.  I was born eight months before the end of that war and I suppose I have followed it for that reason.

I have watched all the movies about it that I can find.  I will watch Tora, Tora, Tora this year because it is in my opinion the best of them all.  It was a long time ago.  I think that I gain more perspective each time I consider this happening.  Those boys were children and many of them died on the first day of the war.

A Personal Word

My wife, Carol, is feeling badly again and I may not be back for a while.  I will try.  I am writing this on Dec. 2 which means I have one blog ahead at this time.

No comments: