Friday, August 23, 2019

Auto Show



1952 Chevy Bel-Air
I think Father may have owned a Chevy similar to this but a lower model, maybe a Deluxe.  He always bought 4 doors until the Montecarlo late in his life.  It may have been at '51 that he owned.  I was only 7 or 8 at the time.

1955 Chevy Bel-Air
To my knowledge this is the first non black car dad owned.  When I was in college I begged him to sell me this car.  Initially I had seen a black chevy like the one at the top for sale.  They wanted $100.00 for it and dad would not even consider it.

1963 Corvair Spyder
Instead he went out to Minster and bought this car.  It was a factory official's car.  It was for me and I had to make payments to them for it.  He did not ask me about it but he knew what I wanted.

1963 Corvair Spyder
It was a "snazzy" car but impracticle.  The wire wheels were real and they would not fit the tire machine when I bought tires.  I finally replaced them with black steel wheels.  Tires back then lasted maybe 10,000 miles.  The rear tires wore off on the inside.  I was too busy to work on it.  I sold it when I had about 60,000 miles on it.


No comments: