Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Fluorapatite





Fluorapatite
This the one I consider second best to the one I showed previously.  It looks like it has cotton in the circle.  I tried to blow it out before each shot and it would not leave so I decided on this one to leave it as the most accurate representation of the mineral.

Fluorapatite
This one may be the one I showed previously.  I liked it the best.


Fluorapatite
This shot shows the juxtaposition of the two elements.

The formula is Ca5(PO4)3F.  This mineral is contained in shark's teen and those of other fish.  It is also contained in human teeth.

It is sometimes used as a gemstone.  Antimony and manganese must be present in the correct trace amounts for it to be fluorescent.

Follow Larry's Images on Instagram:
If you wish to unsubscribe, email to leleicher45@gmail.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line. 

No comments: