Thursday, March 29, 2018

A Little Guessing Game



What is it?
 CaCu(AsO4)(OH) is a relatively common arsenate mineral.  This sample is from Gold Hill Mine, Toole, Co. Utah.  What do you think?  Do you want it on your wall?
This image is a color image with the colors changed to their opposite on the color wheel.  It is called inversion.  It originally looked like this before Photoshop did its magic.

Conichalcite
The bedding for this sample is mostly crystals unknown me.  I had my lighting set in a way that the flat surfaces reflected brightly.  It bothered me and so I tried the inversion at the top.

Conichalcite
I corrected the above mentioned lighting deficiency while making this image.  I consider it more successful.

Conichalcite
 This is one of the in-the-process shots of conichalcite.  The FOV 4.25mm and 5.53X on the sensor.




Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.
If you wish to unsubscribe, email to leleicher45@gmail.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: