Saturday, January 27, 2018

Macro/Micro Shortcuts





Flashlight Projecting Backward Through Camera


When I was beginning Macro/Micro photography not long ago my first hurdle was to find the subject in the viewfinder.  I burned lots of time in the enterprize.  I stumbled onto this technique and was happy about it.

I have wished for a movable stage upon which to mount the subjects.  A piece of mat or paper is a substitute for this setup.  Without it you are left with moving the subject into the light.  You will note that my focusing rail only provide lateral movement not vertical.

Herkimer Diamond and Metric Scale
I sometimes move the subject by pushing it with the scale.

Herkimer Diamond in the Light
However you do it, this is the goal.




Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.  
If you wish to unsubscribe, email to leleicher45@gmail.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.





No comments: