Monday, October 16, 2017

Solarus Spoticus Moulin Rough

Solarus Spoticus Moulin Rough
My humor is exceedingly dry.  Most folks don't even notice it.  This image is a tongue in cheek rendition of a sunflower growing at Kingwood Center in 2004 called the Moulin Rough.  I get inspired to "Photoshop" something infrequently.  Such efforts help me to extend my understanding the complex software.  
2004 was the year of sunspots.  One of the magazines I customarily read, I think National Geographic, had a spread of the solar activity.  I borrowed some of the imagery for this creation.  The center of the flower is a sunspot if I remember correctly.  The petals are the surface of the sun moving away from the sun spot.

I remember that I had fun making this happen.  I suppose that I could do it quicker and more easily today.  I don't, however; feel the need to do so.


Larry's Images.com is going away.

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: