Monday, June 12, 2017

Cornus Florida Rubra Conclusion



Pink Flowering Dogwood
This is a closeup of the center of the inflorescence where the flowers are found.  I noticed a spec on the bud in the lower left.

Pink Flowering Dogwood
Later in the session I made another capture.  You might notice the insect on the bud in the lower left.  I currently believe that it came from the above mentioned spec.  It is a thrips.
 
Pink Flowering Dogwood
As the development of the flowers continued, the buds started opening to expose the flower.  I continued photographing the process for several days.  The more I worked, the more I could notice the Thrips moving about on it.  I made the following video so you could see what I saw.  I play it at 12x speed so you won't get bored.
 
 
If you cannot view it here go to larrysimages.com/watch videos.


Larry's Images and Aerial



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: