Thursday, March 30, 2017

Plattnerite

Plattnerite
I have two samples of the this lead oxide mineral.  (I)t occurs in weathered hydrothermal base-metal deposits as hay-like bundles of dark prismatic crystals with a length of a few millimeters; the bundles grow on, or sometimes within various minerals,  Wikipedia.

I am learning to photograph macro minerals and this is taking a lot of time. I have built light setups, bought a used camera and done a lot of reading in the process.

Plattnerite
Both of my samples are from Milford Mine Goodsprings Clark Co. Nevada.


Plattnerite
I think it is time to move on to another sample as I have worked on these for three weeks.



Buy your 2017 Calendar Here 


Larry's Images and Aerial



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 

No comments: