Saturday, March 4, 2017

Lepidocrocite

Lepidocrocite #1
I've been working on this sample from Grubb Lake, West Hempfield Twp., Lancaster Co., PA since last November.  It presented me some challenges which I have made progress on solving.  The field of view in this image is 9/64".. 

Lepidocrocite# 2
The sample is maybe 3/4" long.  The real crystals reside on the nose of dragon.

Lepidocrocite # 3
When I started, I had no or little idea what was interesting about the sample.  My only clue was that it was a bit pricey.

As I worked with the sample, I must build an image in my mind of its "landscape".  The image at the top covers a fraction of the landscape in the last one.  If you look closely you can see the location of the image stack in #1 on #3.



Buy your 2017 Calendar Here 


Larry's Images and Aerial



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: