Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Fluorite


Fluorite
I purchased some micro photography mineral samples from Don Smoley last June at the rock and mineral show at the fairgrounds.  I got started photographing them earlier than I intended when the heart drove me indoors back in July.

Fluorite
This is one of the samples I purchased.  I have been trying to learn to photograph tiny crystals.  Micro photography requires more light but it bounces around quite a lot.  I liked the image at the top in an artistic sense.  This sample is from the Keene Mine Ontario, Canada.

Fluorite Crystal
I inherited this crystal several years ago and was pleased to do so.  The color is caused by impurity.  Pure fluorite is clear and can have optical properties.  They make lens elements out of it to cut down on chromatic aberration, i.e. dispersion. 


Larry's Images and Aerial



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: