Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Baling Hay



Round Baling Hay
We have all, at one time or another, seen this operation while driving country roads.  I suppose it is nothing new but I still like looking at it.

Cutting and Crimping Hay
This device not only cuts the hay but crimps the stems so that they will dry faster.  Fast drying is sometimes required if rain is coming.

Tedding Hay
Tedding moves the hay around exposing different parts to the air for faster drying.

Racking Hay
When the hay is ready, it is raked into windrows for baling.

Round Baler
You can round bale hay that is not dry enough for "square" baling because it is stored outside.


Square Baling Hay
"Square" Bales go into the barn and must be dry.  If they are not, spontaneous combustion might occur causing a barn fire, not a good thing.

I don't know why I like telling a story with pictures but I do.  I used to teach with as many pictures as I could.  I guess I just came to like doing it.  I feel that I have made it clear for anyone who may have misunderstood. 


Larry's Images and Aerial



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: