Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Peewee Garnet

Peewee Garnet

This is a sample I obtained at a show.  The size is tiny.

Peewee Garnet
I photograph these on rainy days.

Peewee Garnet
It gives me a chance to think about how to make an effective image.  I work with lighting and other things.

Peewee Garnet
I decided that the effective light for this was bottom light provided from a, color corrected, slide sorter.  The translucence is beautiful.  This is my birthstone and I have a faceted one on my college ring which is magnitudes larger than this sample.

You, too, can photograph samples.  Buy them at the Gem, Mineral, Jewelry and Fossil Show on June 4 and 5 at the Richland County Fairgrounds


Larry's Images and Aerial



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: