Friday, June 5, 2015

Wild Strawberry

Wild Strawberry Leaf
These plants, growing at Gorman, produce little 1/4" fruits.  I was surprised to find this leaf with a dew droplet on the end of each tooth of each devide.


Wild Strawberry Bloom
I used my new light cube tent for this shot.  Even with the bloom in the tent, the wind can be a problem.

Wild Strawberry Bloom
This one was created on a still morning, very fortunate.  I did not use the light tent and place a black canvas case in the background.

I am 99% sure these are wild strawberries and not wood strawberries, closely related, because of the shape of the fruits, remembered from previous years.  A nature walk at Gorman at the time these are fruiting will usually yield an offer to taste them.


Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: