Saturday, November 1, 2014

Mushrooms


Fly Agaric Mushroom
This is a mushroom I have admired for years.  I now think that I had it confused with another mushroom in the same family.  I used to call it Pincone Lepidella.  Both kinds grow in the island of the parking lot.  My error, I think, stemmed from confusion about the plates in my ID book,  Mushrooms by Kent H. and Vera B. McKnight.  I used to think that the plates were all in color but a few were not.  Recently, I have come to understand that the ones in "black and white" were showing color.  I have come to respect the accuracy of the plates this season to a greater extent.

Fly Agaric Mushroom
The book says that it is poison.  Do not eat!

I also learned some things about the parts of this mushroom which I will share tomorrow.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: