Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Father's Day Gifts

Mobile Phone Telephoto Lens
Chad and Carrie gave me accessories for my cell phone, Samsung Galaxy S4, for Father's Day.  They are such sweet kids!  They both said that I could return the items if I wanted something else.  I think I will, and here is why.

Back Required for Mounting
The "tele" lens requires that I remove the back on my camera/phone and replace it with this one.  The lens then threads into it.  I can't bring myself to remove my phone from its nice safe Otter Box.

Samsung Galaxy S4 in Otter Case

 I know that I would not take telephoto shots because of the trouble of adding the lens.  It is a nice looking lens with a machined case, including the tripod mount.

12x Telephoto Lens
This accessory includes a nice metal table top tripod.
Table Top Tripod

Reticam

Reticam

This device clamps to the phone and provides tripod mounting directly to the phone.  It is well built but one would need to stay allert not to cruch the phone during attachment.

These parts would require me to carry some sort of pouch on my belt to always have them present.  I have a very nice little Canon A720 integrated lens camera which I can carry on my belt.  It is probably more compact.

I have been looking for "add on" lenses for my phone which would fit it without removing the case.  I have one pair in mind which I will share later if I decide to purchase them.  They are supposed to be released this month, July.


Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: