Friday, September 13, 2013

Slender Spreadwing Female

Slender Spreadwing Female
I found this damselfly while searching for a preying mantis.  It was further from a vernal pool than I expected to find it.  It stayed still for me to photograph it.  

Slender Spreadwing Female
It gave me the opportunity to move around for more angles and to document its appearance.

I have later discovered that it oviposits into leaves surrounding the vernal pool.  They then fall into the pool where they hatch.  I don't see how this insect can reproduce so far from the pool.

Later, I will show how they oviposit into the leaves of pool side plants.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: