Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The F-111 Aardvark

F-111F Aardvark
This is a swing wing fighter/bomber.  I think we have found there to be a difference between interceptor and fighter and bomber.  Planes that go fast can't turn quickly.  Dog fights seem to equal the playing field.  They occur at high to mid subsonic speeds.  An interceptor can fire missiles at long range maybe even while supersonic but needs to slow down if it engages in a dogfight.  The f-111 had the swing wings to help it in a dogfight.  I understand that it was not a good dogfighter.

I am having trouble deciding about this shot.  I got the spot light out of the frame in the top right but did not see the light rays from it until I processed the HDR image.  Those rays even show up near the concrete on the left.  I like the perspective of the shot and the plane is sharp.  I wish I had another go at it.  I might try to move to my right and try to eliminate those rays.


 http://www.larrysimages.com/

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: