Monday, January 28, 2013

Metal Prints

Dandelion Print
Carol helped me with the background on this one.  She has a good eye for color.
 
Mix Epoxy/Hardener
Push Epoxy/Hardener Into Outline

I outlined the mounting block on the back of the mount making its location after epoxy application much easier.  I wanted to keep the epoxy inside the lines.
 

Keep Epoxy Inside the Lines
I weighted the mounting block while the epoxy cured.  


Weight the Block while Epoxy Cures

Bumpers Protect the Wall


I did some reading about Epoxy the other day.  After doing so, I am inclined to think that it is not acid free.  I fear that in time it will permeate the backing and affect the print.  I am thinking about what adhesive to use in its place.  I don't think I have the answer as yet.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: