Monday, July 30, 2012

Swamp Milkweed

Swamp Milkweed
I am sure that you will notice the blossoms in three stages.  The unopened, the opening and the open.  They are all on the same plant.  I went back this morning, two days later, to see that the petals were gone from the open blossoms.  The opening buds are open now and the unopened are in the the opening stage.  I was drawn by the symmetry of each group.  They remind me of fireworks in a way.  

I used a Sigma 105 mm, f/2.8 lens at f/4.  I used the shallow DOF, depth-of-field, to keep the lower foliage out of focus.  I shot a Helicon Focus series of eight captures.  I also placed a piece of black velvet cloth on the ground around much of the foliage to simplify the background.


http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



   

No comments: