Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thin Ice

Thin Ice
I have a series I call Thin Ice.  I have had occasion to add to it recently.  I find the "random" shapes formed by the freezing water quite interesting.

Thin Ice
This ice formed in a depression.  The water drained from beneath it leaving only the ice.  The first thought that went through my mind was to break it.  That was the child in me.  I then thought that it would make an interesting image.  I was able to position my tripod above so that I could shoot down.  

Thin Ice
 This turned out a little differently than I expected when I shot it.  I shot from the elevated walkway above the front pond.  I was trying to get a straight down shot but the surface of the board walk was icy and I did not feel comfortable mounting my camera on the tripod set on it.  This shot was a concession.  I really liked the way it turned out.

http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 

No comments: