Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Milkweed Plant

Monarch Caterpillar
I am checking the milkweed plants carefully these days.  They are all finished blooming except for the swamp milkweed.  I am looking for this caterpillar.  I have seen very, very few of them.  I expect to see them eating milkweed leaves whenever I see them.  I would think that the caterpillar was sick if it were not doing so. The butterflies, however; come out when the weather suits them.  

I have seen other creatures in my search for this caterpillar

Milkweed Tussock Caterpillar
I found these the other day.  I have seen them before but could not remember their name.  I think they are the larvae of a moth.

Spring Peeper Frog
This frog is tiny.  I forget how tiny when I look at my close-up shots through out the year.  He is one of the chorus frogs we hear in the spring.  I somehow thought that they lived in the pond but I am now convinced that they live in trees.  This one was on a milkweed leaf.  He is not the first one I have seen this season but the setup was perfect for me to shoot this one.

http://www.larrysimages.com/

Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


No comments: