Monday, December 13, 2010

Negative keywords, emotions and misspellings

I just read an article by Helen A. S. Popkin on MSNBC.  The following summarizes it.  "Helen A.S. Popkin's negative keywords, emoticons and misspellings will generate a social group from nowhere."  I would like to generate a social group on the internet but not that way.  I have always had a difficult time with creative writing. I try to keep my negative emotions to myself if possible.  And I am still trying to learn to spell.  It looks like I cannot be successful at generating a social group for my product, photographs of nature and outdoor subjects, if Helen A. S. Popkin's statement is accurate.

I have always felt more comfortable working than socializing.  I am not a party person.  I can do parties, but they take effort on my part.  My goal with this blog is to express who I am.  Maybe I make people uncomfortable because of this goal.  The hope I still hold is that there are people out there who can relate to me.

I have always been prone to depression.  I have my "dark" times.  I have learned over the years that I must endure those times and that a brighter time will come.  I want to express my positive feelings.  I want to look on the brighter side of things.  I want to find the beauty of nature and share it.  I have been told by people, viewing my work, that it exudes a peacefulness.

I received A's in spelling in middle school.  I studied my spelling list faithfully which helped me with the grades.  When it was all over, however; it all was lost somewhere.  I became a phonetic speller.  As you no doubt know, the English language does not lend itself to that sort of spelling.  My mother would grade my letters from college on spelling.  I did not do well.  

Maybe all my effort to draw people to my photography is to no avail.  Maybe people don't want to feel that peaceful feeling.  It would seem, since I have no followers, that that might be the case.  I think that the Christmas season is a time of peace.  Maybe there is still a chance.  What do you think? 

No comments: