Wednesday, December 1, 2010

lichen and closeup techniques

apothecia on foliose lichen
I think that I have "relearned" how to shot the multi-image closeups for Helicon Focus.  I had not used it for some time for these kind of closeups.  I used a closeup filter to produce this.  The depth of field is so slight that I must use very small focusing increments as I collect the captures for the final image.  For this one there were 25 captures which were combined.  I also think that incorporating an out of focus region adds to the composition.

apothecia on foliose lichen

I find that I am deciding about what I want in focus and what not as I create the composition.  I liked the circular line which I wanted to be in focus in the final shot.  I think it adds some tension to the composition.

http://www.larrysimages.com  

Blog


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: